Monday, April 14, 2014

Muddy Mess!

When the snow starts to melt, we get mud.  Lots of mud.  Why is mud so fun?  I have no idea....but it keeps my kids entertained and I don't mind throwing their clothes in the laundry!  So I let them play!


I don't usually mix and match lines, but I did a LOT on this page!  I used products from the Amy Tan Plus One, Dear Lizzy daydreamer, Crate Paper Styleboard, Studio Calico Lemon Lush and Wanderlust collections!  I love how the background paper looks like rain drops!  That's why I chose it!  :)




For each photo, I just added some bits of paper behind and clusters of embellies on top of each.  I layered vellum, chipboard, die cuts, stickers, and even some wood veneers. Then topped it all with some machine stitching in black.


On my title letters, the black alphas were just too dark, and I wanted them to look more muddy, so I used white ones and stamped them with some grey and brown inks.  And I LOVE those gold foil leaves from Studio Calico!




I kinda like the bright springy colors of this page contrasting with the MUDDY photos!  :)  And there is a lot more mud out there still!  :)  but at least the flowers are starting to poke through in some spots!

Stay scrappy my friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this page. I was especially drawn to the "muddied up" alphas and phrases.

Heather Jacob said...

wow love this Audrey, something so special about this beautiful creation xoxo